Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope no one minds a plug. I sent my Weaver V9 3-9 AO scope in to this outfit last week, figured they would get it last Friday.

They had told me over the phone they send out estimates two days after they receive a scope so I figured I would hear back next Thursday.

Yesterday, I came home and found their estimate in the mail. The price was very reasonable. My scope had a broken Objective Focusing ring, was fogged and had some worn markings on the power ring. Their estimate for replacing the broken Objective Focus ring, the power adjusting ring, cleaning the scope inside and out, replacing all seals and o-rings, reassembling, purging and charging with nitrogen, checking focus and centering reticules was US$70.

The bad news is the backlog means 6-8 weeks to get it back.

I'll let you know what kind of work they do when it comes back. I should see it by the first week in May.

Regards,

Bruce G.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weaver Scope Warranty

This scope was made by the old W. R. Weaver company. They went out of business in the 80's. The Weaver name is currently owned by Blount, they do not cover any warranty, nor perform any repairs, on the scopes made by the original W. R. Weaver company.

My scope may be as old as the late 60's or early 70's, has a steel tube rather than aluminum as the current scopes have, was made in the US rather than in Japan as the current Weaver scopes are.

HTH

Regards,

Bruce G.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I've only heard good words about them. I think they will recondition the K's for about $40. It's great that there is someone that still works on the old Weavers. They are great low cost hunting scopes.

The new Weaver/Redfield/Simmons are now owned by Meade Inst. after being bought and sold by Alliant Techsystems (ATK).

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weaver Scope Repair Service

Here it is:

Weaver Scope Repair Service
1121 Larry Mahan Drive,
Suite B
El Paso, TX 79925
Phone: 915-593-1005

HTH

Regards,

Bruce G.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.