Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to install a weaver b4 on my special. Seems correct for the style of the rifle and my use for target practice and small game hunting. I am looking for a type of ring that meets the following criteria:

1. Low enough to allow proper fit and alignment with this type of stock and scope (want it as low as possible so it lines up with normal cheek weld on the stock)

2. Has only one dovetail mounting screw per ring. Dislike the 2 screw angle lock type. Want to to remove and install with minimal change in poi.

Thanks for any help you can give

·
Registered
108 Posts
Usherj

On my Special I use and like B-Square's sport utility ring - low, natchez (800 251-7839) has them, part # BQ20052 (2004 catalog) $6.53. I use them with a Leupold 4 X 28 and an old bushnell banner 4X I believe a 28mm (don't have the scopes or rifle in the house, if you need more info ask and i'll post it tomorrow afternoon).

Both scopes sit behind the rear sights. Each ring has one Allen screw that releases the clamp, and 4 that hold the scope separetly, in a saddle type mount.

I've removed, primarily the banner numerous times, so that I can use the Irons...basically every trip to the range (average once a week for the last year, or thereabouts).

I am a little leery, as for this price, they just about have to be made in china...and i've had American made allen screws/wrenches strip before. I'm careful and if I note excessive wear on the wrench I toss it.

These rings fit the bases of the Special quite well, but I don't particularly care for them on my American as the clamp is a little far apart and return to zero is not as good.

If you go this route, just note where your front ring is...at the front of the receiver or at the front of the ejection port, so that you set them the same place every time...

For more money approx. 25.00, either talley or warne has basically the same style of rings with 2 torx screws...I have not tried these and do not know how they fit the 11mm bases of the special. Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.