Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored at the range yesterday. I decided to try some different positions using my non-dominant side. Specifically I was using a training barricade that lives on our 100 yard range.

Holy black out Batman! I could barely get a sight picture. Other times I have shot weak side were with iron sighted or red dot mounted rifles. A scoped rifle is a different animal.

I was really surprised how different the eye relief needed was on my weakside. In prone I need to work at it, but it takes time to get a sight picture. On that barrier I was a lost puppy. Maybe it is me.

How do you all overcome the difference in stages that require weakside shooting?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I am a right-handed shooter, but am left-eye dominate. I should have learned to shoot left-handed a long time ago, but I didn't and consequently I'll had to adapt. The only way to shoot with your non-dominate eye is to close your dominate eye or use a eye-patch/blinder. I always hoped that I could train my brain to accept my right eye as dominate, but 67 years later and nothing has changed. However, it's amazing how well I see the target and sights when I shoot from my weaker side.

Art

1 - 3 of 3 Posts