Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some new rings and I narrowed it down to 2. Either the Warne Maxima medium matte. Or the Burris Sig Zee's. It will be on a Savage 12fv in .223. Strength is a big deal, as I like to crawl in my ghille up to the p-dog towns. And the gun tends to knock on rocks and things. Thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did the Warne rings need to be lapped? I sure wish the savage 93's came drilled for turn in type bases and rings like the centerfire rifles do. I trust the turn in type a lot more than the weaver type rings.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I personally prefer Burris signatures and have had great results with them but After helping my Bro install a set of the Warne Maxima highs on his savage I Have to say that the Warnes are very rugged/overbuilt and heavy and they did have to be lapped because of a slight egging to the rings but it only took about 15 minutes total for lapping , Both the signatures and the Warnes are well worth the money IMHO.

By the Way Ya see the Warne "Tactical" rings??...Gadzooks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.