Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nikon Monarch 5.5x16.5x44 on my KM77VT and a Tasco 6x24x42 on my 10/22. They are both matte finsh and I am wanting some sunshades for them. I have found a shade for the Nikon at midwayusa.com, but they keep getting pushed back on backorder. Does anyone know where else to look for sunshades.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a nikon 4" today..........$14 for it, and $4 for s&h. My tasco is a 42 mm objective, so I am afraid that I can not except your offer. By the way, will any 42 mm sunshade fit, or do different manufactures use different threads?

Thanks in advance

pip

·
Registered
770 Posts
were was it I saw a guy selling sun shades made out of a durable soft "thin" rubber, you measured the outer diameter of your bell and it was a nice snug fit, no dents or dings, give a little time I'll remember, came in 4 and 6". It was'nt something the guy picked up at the hardware store, he was manufacturing or having manufactured special.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shades

Thanks for the link, but I am looking for some hard shades, the soft ones do not seem to do "it" for me. I guess I like the finished look of everything matching.

Does anyone know if the threads on scopes for shades are different, I have found a few 42 mm shades, but I am not sure if their thread dia. or tpi is the same as my tasco.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
If you don't find the shades you want you might wish to reconsider the Dvorack rubber sunshades. They are available from Natchez in several sizes for less than $10. I bought one a while back for my 50mm Simmons WTC-18 since 50mm shades are almost impossible to find. This thing silps off & on quite easily so if you are concerned about the appearance you can keep it in your shooting box & just slip it on when you need it. They also offer an "eyepiece" shade that slips on the ocular lens for those times when the sun is really a problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perfect fit

I recieved my Nikon sunshade in the mail today, and guess what.....it is also a perfect fit on my Tasco. This really does not make any since to me because one is a 44mm obj. and the other is a 42mm. But I just thought that I would let others know about the coincidence. By the way the Nikon sunshade measured about 3-4" and with the living room lamp test this is a vast improvement.

Eric

·
Registered
471 Posts
on the subject of shades...

I have a Weaver 3-9x38 scope (in gloss) and was wondering where I can get a sun shade for it? Also while searching the ask.com website for "sun shade" some of the results were "extension tube"... Isn't that the same thing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.