Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok after reading all of your posts i want to start my own ultimate, ok my first question is if i should buy a standared 10/22 carbine or a 10/22 target model, so i wouldn't have to buy a new barel

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
depends on what ultimate means to you

For some buying the Target Model is their Ultimate.

For others it might just be the carbine.

And for many it only starts with the carbine.

But there are also those that started with the Target Model...and then ended up with a receiver just like the carbine and went from there.

An then of course there are turn-key Ultimates from the likes of Volquartsen, Martin's Custom...etc.

Personally I think the carbine is a good way to start. But I really like the satisfaction of doing it all by myself.

Not that I'll ever be done...

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I gotcha

Crossfire,

I knew what you meant, but for the difference in price on the two models I haven't heard all that rave of reviews on the barrel or the trigger pull in the T model as compared to drop in after market products...plus you get to choose precisely instead of having choices made for you.

Not to make you sway one way or the other, but personally I didn't even like the stock on the T model all that much.

Granted it is a big step up from the carbine, but I believe I could save a little here and there and still get more performance out of it and have what I wanted regarding barrel, hammer and stock.

Just .22 cents worth.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i think that im just going to go from a 10/22 carbine up, it just seems more fun to built and many more options than just getting the gun all set stock, thanks guys for the input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.