Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any interest in powder coating your barrel or receivers? I keep in touch with a friend whos Uncle owns a powder coating place in Charleston, South Carolina.He said he would do all of us a great priceing favor if we did it in bulk. He does not want to do the small parts but will do Barrels and receivers. He is working on prices and will get back to me when I tell him if/when theres an interest. Let me know and I'll keep you all informed.

PS. Sorry but he's already done the (freebie) favor for me :D on the Jewelled Red Flame. Check the post .

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
May be a problem in shipping him recievers where thy're the serial numbered part. Any coming in from outside the state he's in would need to go to a FFL holder. If he's got a FFL, it wouldn't be an issue, but if he doesn't have one...

·
Registered
481 Posts
If a frame or reciever is sent to an FFL for repair or whatever it can be sent directly back to the owner. This is Federal law I'm not aware of any State laws that say different. It must be sent to the same address it came from however.

Ross

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for

ccw1911 said:
I'm an FFL and I do powder coating and polymer.

Ross
Thanks for cutting my throat on this thread. :1t had hoped to see more responces but not too many interested in powder coating anything. :D
PS . I'll move on to something different .. :cool: I got mine..

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
ccw1911 said:
If a frame or reciever is sent to an FFL for repair or whatever it can be sent directly back to the owner. This is Federal law I'm not aware of any State laws that say different. It must be sent to the same address it came from however.

Ross
Correct Ross is! But its a very valid point on checking the state laws where youre at. If memory serves me right the owner does have to send it through an FFL holder to get it to you by Federal law too ...... but I'm not positive on that end of it ...... don't have access to an FFL anymore so if I did I would have to find out!

Dave Z.

·
Registered
481 Posts
D I cut YOUR throat? You're advertising the friend of an uncle or something that doesn't even have an FFL and I cut YOUR throat. WOW. I'm baffled. We all need to adhere to the law. BTW I didn't get a single inquiry and didn't really expect to but who should I be mad at?

Ross

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
dferris57 and ccw1911,

Even thou there has been no takers on the deal, this doesn't have to turn to a flame war. Ross has a point as to "a friend's uncle" comment. Fact is there are powder coating shops all over the place, I have one a few miles from the house and another near work. I'm sure this isn't going to cut into your friend's uncles business. Ross I hope you don't feel the need to be mad at anyone. BTW what do you get to melt a Bomar into a 1911 slide and install a front sight? I already have the Bomar. (sorry I know off topic)

Dave Z.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Believe me, I ain't mad at anyone, just glad to be here. I think my intentions may have been taken out of context. You do not have to use an FFL to send your firearm to a FFL and as I said barring any State law it can be returned direcly to you.

You bo-mar job with a crossdovetail front sight would cost $100 not including and refinishing but I seldom refinish in these cases because there is very little machined surface exposed after the sights are in place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.