Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I got to show you all what you can do to a G22 with a bit of loving care(and for use in practical shooting matches :D)...

1,5 MOA Holodot fitted(zero at 50yards), Mag's welded (now fits 24 rounds :D :D), TDIarms folding tactical grip, custom AK47-style muzzelbreak(it does realy work!), enlaged cockinglever, tiggerjob(thank to a post from exfire, tnx :t :D) and a blackhawk tactical sling. I'm producing a new 24rnd clip every week now till I have six in total.

The ASP Tac-light wil be mounted in 2 days with a TDI snap-on light mount and the Walter laser next month(got to have the $$ eghy ;)?). I will remove the upperpart of the front sight when I buy the laser. I'll stick to a optical sight permanetly anyway but I do need the rail for the laser itself ;) .

Also, I will have the comp and lever powdercoated next month(if the dealer will cooparate :rolleyes: ).

Mag has a great feed, the whole set has chewed around 1500+ rnds CCI Standard(before I started the customising it took some 1000rnds of CCI Standard) and it groups around 1 1/2" at 50yards :Blasting_ .

I clean it every 1000rnds.

Any comment :) ?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is true, but I liked the G22 more then the 10/22 because is a bulpup off the shelf and it is more precise then a 10/22 of the shelf(don't count in the varmint stuff if you know what I mean;)). I bought it to do some serious damage in the practical shooting matches.

But the G22 is just out for a few months, while the 10/22 has been around for ages. hence the are more better mods, variants and custom versions of the 10/22.

And mags of course, I just love to get my hands on a metal 100rnd drum to covert to the G22 :D :D :cool:

· Registered
7 Posts
sweeet!!!! i like it alot. awesome job on the mags. i been posting questions to help me figure out which one to get , the 10/22 or the g22 or r22. after seeing your G22 you helped make up my mind. i,ll be buying a G22 for sure thanks. :Blasting_ :Blasting_

· Registered
43 Posts
wow good job on the mags, i would think you would have some
serious jamming problems with the mags stacked straight like that,
good to hear it works well. I'd like to see some curved mags to
help with feeding the rimmed cartridges. the mags would look even better
black, JMHO.....again nice job

· Registered
7 Posts
Nice!

Really like the extended cocking lever and the sling.

Can't do that to my mags in CA, it would become an assault weapon, as well as the muzzle break and fore-arm grip (I *think*, because it's semi-auto, but maybe not since it's a rimfire).

I could really use the sling as well as the cocking lever, can you give us any more info on where to get/how to install?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, you order the sling online at :http://www.blackhawk.com/
finest tac-gear, expensive but worth it.

about the mag, muzzelbrake and lever: I made them myself. lets just say I know a thing or two about TIG-welding, metalworking and guns :D.

I made the lever by welding a piece of steel to the original lever and then grinding it into shape and finishing it with sandblasting.

about the stacking of rounds in the the mag, I fed it 1500rnds sofar with no jams, so... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.