Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am as guilty as any on here defending discount sales verses local gunshops, and have seen several,(to many) threads appear and go on, and on, and on.....!!! This is a rimfire site, and I do enjoy a good argument, but there is no end to the subject of local/discount, we all have rights and opinions on how to shop, and as such, should be turned into a rimfire forum again!!
You guys are great, and after just a month or so, cost me a bunch on parts and supplies and even bought a members gun off him! Thats why I'm here for the fun and opinions about rimfires and if any of you want, maybe we can start up a Bashers/defenders forum elsewhere but idoesn't need to be prolonged here!!
Thanks for all the great, and some not so great, opinons guys!!! See you on another thread...................... :)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Fully agree

It seems that when the subject of mass marketers and firearms is brought up, many, but not all, otherwise rational people tend to loose it and make themselves look worse than what ever it was they were complaining about. I agree Backwoods, lets talk guns and ammo and building and modifying and hunting and shooting and sharing and forget the "aint it awful".

SQUAWSACH and I have another project about completed, he will post a little later. This is the fun part.

Good luck

sawdust

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Your'e very right. :) Just posted a similar post on another forum that continually has the "Mart" threads. Everyone complains about the marts abut their service, yet goes there to save a few bucks. Then they complain about their LGS having higher prices and losing sales to the mart stores. Go figure! I'll gladly support my LGS and spend a few bucks more.

This is a rimfire forum so yes the threads should be ...RIMFIRE orientated. :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok

Hey sawdust, before we talk about guns, where'd you get that name? You were, by any chance board, and then caught up in the same old grind??? Man, I apologise, but just had to ask that!!!!!
OK, I'm ready pick a subject!! ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Backwoods said:
Hey sawdust, before we talk about guns, where'd you get that name? You were, by any chance board, and then caught up in the same old grind??? Man, I apologise, but just had to ask that!!!!!
OK, I'm ready pick a subject!! ;)
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :p

·
Registered
741 Posts
Funny how the same folks who bash WW and want to keep things "local" don't seem to mind buying from the 'net.

No, I'm not a WW shopper or gun buyer. I buy mine from buddies who have FFLs. They're not local shops either, but at least that way I can spend more on the necessities of life, like barrels and triggers/hammers and scopes and xxxx, etc.

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
net fills some holes in the market

" Funny how the same folks who bash WW and want to keep things "local" don't seem to mind buying from the 'net"... I do buy online.The rimfires i collect are very hard to find in the locl shops.I do tell them what I'm looking for and to call me if they get a trade in. The local shop supplies the FFL and recieves the purchase and most of the time i buy all accessories and ammo for the gun from him. when your looking for a 22 that only might have been 4/500 made you must expand out of your county.This is where my "net" purchases fill the bill. :D --J :t im--

·
Registered
555 Posts
Backwoods said:
I am as guilty as any on here defending discount sales verses local gunshops, and have seen several,(to many) threads appear and go on, and on, and on.....!!! This is a rimfire site, and I do enjoy a good argument, but there is no end to the subject of local/discount, we all have rights and opinions on how to shop, and as such, should be turned into a rimfire forum again!!
You guys are great, and after just a month or so, cost me a bunch on parts and supplies and even bought a members gun off him! Thats why I'm here for the fun and opinions about rimfires and if any of you want, maybe we can start up a Bashers/defenders forum elsewhere but idoesn't need to be prolonged here!!
Thanks for all the great, and some not so great, opinons guys!!! See you on another thread...................... :)
Good post. I'm so SICK of the 'Mart' threads, I almost did not read this one!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I starter a thread a couple of days ago and ask what I thought was a reasonable question concerning the effect of Wal-Mart not being in the California firearms market. I got a couple of reasonable replys and then it started going down hill so I just deleted the thread.

I won't ever ask a question like that again and I think I'll just swear off reading any thread that has Wal-Mart in the title.

Here's to talking about rimfires.

sawdust

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I try to buy most items locally, I have one shop that I deal with primarily. I do buy things off the net, Brownell's, RFC sponsors, Some Ebay, Natchez, Midway. Most of these thiings I could get from my dealer for the same price or better, but he is about 20 mile from my house and 50 mile from my work. His hours and mine are sometimes difficult to make work for me. So I order and it is here in a few days when I get home, I am not saving money really, just time and it is convienient. Plus as busy as he is he would get tired of me ordering this little thing and that. But when I go in and say "hey i want a Weaver T24 with a .500 dot, he is more than happy to go to the back room or order one for me, same with a gun, or safe.

I have found that many dealers I have dealt with don't really want to be bothered with the little specialty things, like 10/22 stuff or parts for one of my Anschutz rifles. I have tried ordering small itmes froom some of them and it was rare that I ever received the part, so I search it out on the net and get it.

It is one thing to support your locals, but realisticly, thay can't provide you with everything. I would not thing of ordering a new Beretta Shotgun or a high end item from any of the WW or Dicks type store, as they would no doubt be confused as to what I wanted, or what to do if I incurred a problem with the item. That said yes I have bought a 10/22 from Dicks but when I told the salesman it would be in pieces by the evening, he looked at me like I was nuts. so with purpose of modifying in mind, I know I would not be needing them for any service after the sale.

Does this justify buying from these types of dealers? I don't know.

Sorry sometimes I just go on and on about nothing, I do it with in person conversations also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.