Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Wally World Price increases?

888 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Passinby
I've been poking around the local Wally Worlds for the last couple of weeks, looking to see if by some weird chance one of them actually has the stainless carbine still in stock. They were selling for $169, the blue version for $147.

Wandered into a brand new one today. The blued carbines were listed for $179.

I left. Thinking on it. I recalled that two of the stores I'd cruised through last week were out of the blued carbines.

I stopped by another one today, thinking I might just have an SS ordered. The guy there had been doing their gun inventories since they had opened. He said it had been awhile since he had seen the SS, but he could special order it. He looked it up: $198.88. Now I'm wondering if there has been a price increase for new inventory, or if the new guys in the suburbs somehow thought they could price higher.

I went ahead and got the 22" SS special at $215. Made more sense than $199 for an ordinary carbine.

Anybody actually know anything?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,017 Posts
I won't admit to actually knowing anything. :D But I'll tell you my recent experience with the local WW. About three/four weeks ago I purchased a carbine from our local store. Price on the carbine in the store was $179 for blue. I told them the website price was still $166.43. The sporting goods manager said they had a price increase, but he checked the website and let me have it for the $166.43 price. Also said it was the last one they had in stock.

The Wal-Mart barcode sticker on the box had a price of $166.43 and a receipt date of 11/30/04. Across this sticker was printed "DO NOT SCAN" in lighter ink.

I don't know what this all worth, but I do beleive they had a price increase about the time they came out with the new WW special.

· Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ww

RaZ said:
there is one blue carbine left at my local store for $147
They had them in three of the eight Walmarts here for the $147. Guess I'll stock up cheap while I can. Could not find a stainless carbine at any WallyWorld in the area. I have now checked all but San Marcos and Taylor.

· Registered
267 Posts
My local walmart was 174 but I had a rain check receipt from dicks for 149.99 and they honored it. The manager said they were not really supposed to do it but they did anyways. The funny thing is Dicks is 100 miles away. Nice thing about going to a college in another part of the state you drive through a lot of TN.

· Registered
908 Posts
I think my local Walmart (and GiJoes too if IRC) had 10/22's for $179 when I was looking for one back in April. My local gunshop had them for $179 too, so I went to him instead.

Paul

· Registered
3 Posts
I work for wallyworld (OK, stop laughing) in sporting goods, & a lot of the gun prices have been creeping up just recently. We just got the latest revision of the special order book a couple weeks ago, & most of the prices have gone up. When I last checked the WW website, the special order gun section had not yet been updated to reflect the new prices. However, I noticed it has a disclaimer stating that your local stores price may vary from the websites. FULLCHOKE-- I wouldn't put to much stock in the WW barcode sticker on your box. It's not a reciept date. It just prints the date that a label is made. It's not unusual to see a new dated label go on a box every time corporate sends down a price change on a particular gun.

· Registered
3,017 Posts
Zed D

Thanks for the info on the barcode label. No one's laughing at you for working at Wal-Mart. I invited the young man who waited on me to join us when I bought my rifle. As much as WW gets bashed, it's good to have someone to give us the straight skinny.

Welcome to RFC :Welcome:

· Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet deal

So I decided to break down and get a WW Special-- the 22" stainless for a project since I could not locate any stainless carbines (which would have been $169 under the dying price scheme) and they want 198.88 to order one. So at $ 214, WTH, get the Special.

So, it turns out the last one in back arrrived damaged so they had to send it back to the factory for repair. WooHoo! 20% discount. Oh yeah, Ruger couldn't repair it, so they exchanged it for a new one.

I got the discount anyhow. Doncha just love a bureaucacy, when one of their ridiculous rules actually BENEFITS you? :angel:

Bottom line: WW Special for $172.00. I been asking lately when browsing if they have any "repaired" Rugers :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.