Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Explain to me how to build a lightweight 10-22 with a 4-12 scope that weighs about 7 1/2 lbs complete and can shoot the eyes out of a rabbit at 100 yards? If you design it, I'll build it.

Only accurate rifles are interresting.(Col. Whelen)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Saddlemaker- Welcome to RFC

Well I'll tell ya what I got,comes close.
Although I can't say anything about shoot'in rabbit eyes at a 100 yds. :D

It does fair with me do'in the shoot'in. :D

Deluxe Sporter stock

Sporter weight 22" GM barrel from WFMBS (Match chamber) ( Have to fine a used one,they don't make em anymore)

They show up in the For sale forum some times.

Barrel is floated with a pressure pad at the end of forarm.

Trigger slicked up with a VQ hammer
about 2 Lbs.

PC bolt racker and mag. release.
Leupold mount,with Leupold 4X12 VXII.

Weighs in at 6 3/4 lbs.

Has the balance and feel of a big rifle.

So there you have it,go for it.:D

Good Luck.

The only thing I would add to this gun would be a Kidd trigger. :)

Maybe sometime.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I am with Plinker but I'll add a twist, the new 16.5" sporter barrels, shoot real sweet, and cut a few ounces, and match up equally well with the sporter stocks. Ken at Whiteface Mountain has them right now for $99.00 shipped. Easy to come in at 6.5 lbs.
I have a couple more that are interesting, one is the discontinued stainless 22" Whiteface Mountain Sporter barrel, hogue standard barrel channel stock, and a Swift 4-12 scope. Wieghs in at 7.3 lbs.
Next is a Corelite stock, alumnalite barrel, and a 2-10 Weaver V10 that has had the paralax reset to 50 yards, I used the lite weight vertical split aluminum rings. This little setup is just a hair over 6 lbs.
Look at Whistle Pig aluminum tension barrels also, HawkTeck has them, they are rated lighter than my Alumna Lite barrel, and said to shooot real well. Also Volqartsen and Magnum Research have a graphite tension barrel, that will make a sweet light weight 10/22. Be carefull with the Butler Creek graphite barrel, they don't have a great reputation for shooting.
Andy:t

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Good advice Andy

Also I might add the 16 1/2 (.920)
fluted weighs about the same as the 22"
Sporter.

Would probably change the balance point a little.

Check with Ken (XF2) at WFMBS he bound to have one that you like.

All GM barrel that I have shot
shoot good. :t :t

·
Registered
184 Posts
saddlemaker this 1022 is very unconventional but is a VERY lightweight extremely accurate walking hunter.It weighs less than 5 lbs.You could mount various scopes standard style instead of "scout" style. This 1022 has a modified factory laminated stock,a VQ hammer( trigger pull ~1lb 13 oz.when dry lubed up),home done auto bolt release,home done mag release,all the RFC tips n tricks that apply,a VQ carbonfiber tensioned barrel and a 2 1/2x7X pistol scope mounted "scout"style on a reverse mounted VQ cantilever mount.Talk about quick to shoulder and being able to see and hit a running rabbit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.