Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the VQ kit with the 3 springs and "screw type" rod to try in my Mk.3. I have a good amount of Aquilla std. velocity that stovepipes often and thought the weaker spring might allow the round to eject better and allow me to use up the Aquilla. The pistol works fine with CCI std. and Automatch. My experience with the weaker spring and the Aquilla was that it did not stovepipe but would not always pick up the next round. I only tested once, so anouther session would be a good idea.
With CCI and Automatch it worked fine and seemed to have less recoil. My timed and rapid practice scores were better by about 20 points. This was only one session, I will test it more. Just wondering if anyone else is experimenting with this part also?
Stew

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the "lower" power spring installed in 4 Volquartsen scorpions. I shoot only standard velocity ammo in these pistols. It seems to work very well for me. When they first came out with this product I figured I would try it. I am not really sure if it really makes a big difference as my pistols seem to function very well - but figured it was an upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
I was about ready to give up on my Aguila ammo. I was getting so many failure to eject do to lack of power. I had a number of bricks of it so I tried the VQ spring kit. Wow. What a difference.

I haven't had a failure now in the last two bricks I've shot. Accuracy is as good if not better than CCI SV ammo.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
My understanding on recoil springs is to alwasy use the heaviest spring that allows the bolt to stay open after the last shot. That is any gun. I would never use a lighter spring for CCI STD if the heavier spring was working. Then, my priority is longevity of the firearm.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My understanding on recoil springs is to alwasy use the heaviest spring that allows the bolt to stay open after the last shot. That is any gun. I would never use a lighter spring for CCI STD if the heavier spring was working. Then, my priority is longevity of the firearm.
+1 What he said... There is no need to do damage.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I put the low power spring in my mark II 22/45 and it helped my aguila made eley sport cycle. It does not run as long as good old Blazer ammo though.
The cases start sticking in the chamber and I get failures to fire.

I think full power ammo is the "way to go" for my pistol. Like others, it works best with mini mags.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2nd session

Another test session today. 40 rds. CCI std. 20 rds. Automatch and 20 rds. Aquilla std. All cycled properly. The only variable that was different was ambient temp. which was about 10 degrees higher than last test(around 60 F.). Happy to see the Aquilla worked 100% this time.

I bought the VQ kit with the 3 springs and "screw type" rod to try in my Mk.3. I have a good amount of Aquilla std. velocity that stovepipes often and thought the weaker spring might allow the round to eject better and allow me to use up the Aquilla. The pistol works fine with CCI std. and Automatch. My experience with the weaker spring and the Aquilla was that it did not stovepipe but would not always pick up the next round. I only tested once, so anouther session would be a good idea.
With CCI and Automatch it worked fine and seemed to have less recoil. My timed and rapid practice scores were better by about 20 points. This was only one session, I will test it more. Just wondering if anyone else is experimenting with this part also?
Stew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.