Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to thank D.Stewart for the great deal on the VQ hammer. If any body checks out his other sales on the For Sale Board, be assured he is great to work with!

Secondly, many thanks to BigMike, Chief Dave and the others that contributed to the '10/22 Trigger Disassembly' Sticky at the top of this forum. Excellent work guys!

Thirdly, how and why does just swapping out the hammer improve the trigger pull SO MUCH?!?! I am amazed. It is like firing a totally different gun!

Thanks again everybody!
SlimDog

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
VQ Target Hammer

SlimDog,
Thirdly, how and why does just swapping out the hammer improve the trigger pull SO MUCH?!?! I am amazed. It is like firing a totally different gun! :eek:
Subtle changes in the angle, depth, and finish of the engagement surface to the sear does it.....! ! :cool:

Glad to hear you are pleased.....! ! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I just ordered a VQ Ultra match hammer and sear from one of our sponsors. We shall see how well it does.

I picked up a spare trigger group and I'm using it as my test bed. So far I've cleaned everything, stoned all the rough edges and replaced the springs... We'll see what the VQ parts can do for me next. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have now installed a Volquartsen hammer (and only the hammer) in several Ruger 10/22s. It has always done the trick for a MUCH better trigger. The measured pull weight is usually a bit above or below 2 lbs. I have tried the Volquartsen spring (included) and the factory spring and have not found much measured difference. I have read here that some recommend using the factory Ruger spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.