Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if the VQ bedding system would work on my 77/22vmbz?I had good luck with it on my 10/22.Right now I'm waiting on my .17 barrel and I read in the posts that the forearm gets real thin when freefloating the barrel on this stock.It seems that a little extra height in the action might help,but then what about the tang area?Or should I forget about all this and glass bed the action,doing the glass bedding scares me,so I'm looking for an easy fix! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I spoke with one of the guys at VQ a couple of weeks ago and asked about the bedding system for my 77/17. He said he has used it and heard of some others that have also.

I must have gotten one of the exceptions to the norm as far as accuracy goes. Patterns looked like spray and pray groups. I pillar bedded mine, bedded the barrel to the balance point, free-floated the barrel and have ended up with a pressure pad. The groups began to tighten, but not what was expected. My last effort was to buff the bore with Flitz and apply Moly-Fusion. The groups now have all holes touching....but this is at less than 100 yds. Need a weather break to get to the range to see what it is really doing before I pitch this factory barrel down the hill and install the GM barrel patiently waiting its turn to play.

I have to admit though, I sure have learned some new things. Good luck. What barrel are you going to use? Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seem to be waiting for the same barrel that everyone else is, a GM stainless, maybe I should just go for the blued one, I don't think it would look too bad. If someone has a pic of a 77vmbz with a blued barrel on I'd like to see it, probably looks pretty good with the gray action.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I"ve done the same thing that Tn. Hillbilly has. piller bedded, floated with a pressure pad at the forarm. once I had the pressure ok I seem to be getting about 1/2 inch groups with a couple of fliers (ten shots) now the stock barrel is coming off and has found a new home on my 10/22 mag and am looking for a new barrel for the 77.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.