Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up for anyone who cares....

VQ is offering 17HMR THM 16 1/2" long carbon fiber sleeved barrels for 77/22 and 77/17 on there "bargain bin" page on there web-site for $100. I called yesterday to ask "whats wrong with them" and was told they are simply test barrels with 500-1000 rnds shot through them. No heavy dings or scratches on them and the very same accuracy as a brand new one. Normally sell for $240 new. Pretty good deal if you ask me and they've already taken the time to break it in for you. :)

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
RebelSquirrel said:
Just a heads up for anyone who cares....

VQ is offering 17HMR THM 16 1/2" long carbon fiber sleeved barrels for 77/22 and 77/17 on there "bargain bin" page on there web-site for $100. I called yesterday to ask "whats wrong with them" and was told they are simply test barrels with 500-1000 rnds shot through them. No heavy dings or scratches on them and the very same accuracy as a brand new one. Normally sell for $240 new. Pretty good deal if you ask me and they've already taken the time to break it in for you. :)
that's cheap enough to add a wedge to mount it in a 10/22 reciever!!!

now, where do i find a mag action cheap?????......hhhhhmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Well, I ordered one, I checked back a few hours later and had a tracking # BUT They had changed my order to a 17mh2 bull. ***??? I sent their customer service department a email, hopefully everything will work itself out. They are usually pretty good at fixing screw ups, but lately they have been screwing up quite often. I've had trouble out of the last 3 orders I placed with them. I'll let you know what happens.

swampf0x

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Yeah, me too.

I had to explain to Holly that "Money meant nothing to me, it is the VQ part that has value.".........."I didn't want money back, I wanted the VQ parts I ordered" :D :t

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
SwampF0X said:
Well, I ordered one, I checked back a few hours later and had a tracking # BUT They had changed my order to a 17mh2 bull. ***??? I sent their customer service department a email, hopefully everything will work itself out. They are usually pretty good at fixing screw ups, but lately they have been screwing up quite often. I've had trouble out of the last 3 orders I placed with them. I'll let you know what happens.

swampf0x
Same thing happened to my order. I'm waiting on a reply from them. Let me know what happens to your order.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There you go guys.... make a man worry. Now I'll have to call today for reassurance that they sent me the right barrel. I know when I spoke to Marty I specifically said the majic phrase "17 HMR." Trouble is I expect it to show up here on the brown truck today. Hope you guys didn't 'jinx' me!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I got a response from the VQ folks:

Gregory,
The barrels that were shipped were the carbon fiber lightweight barrels. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your business.

Holly Volquartsen

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
RebelSquirrel said:
The brown truck just arrived! Got what I ordered, a THM carbon fiber sleeved 17 HMR barrel. Not a ding or scratch on it, looks new. What a DEAL!
Does it have the compensator holes?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.