Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone offer some advice on this product . I have a factory rifle that shoots well but the trigger has got to go. The rifle has been glassed and I tried to mod the trigger myself I didnt have alot of luck . Im wondering if this will cure my trigger woes for good. Unless someone has a better setup for me to consider.

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
909 Posts
It is the way to go, in my estimation, unless you are insane enough to put in a Kidd for two or three times the price.

Unlike most "trigger jobs," if your Volquarsten TG2000 doesn't work right, Volquartsen will make it right.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had to open up the stock a little to accomadate for the larger safety button on my TG2000. Get a dremmel and cut just a little at a time. Other than that my TG 2000 went right in. You are trying to place the receiver and trigger barrel combo in at an angle arn't you and not straight down?

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
TREE

You will have to cut a clearance for the safety. Then it'll fit great. I found if you set the safety to half on/off it's easier to get into the stock. You won't have to take as much out of the stock to get the clearance. Bill :t

·
Registered
507 Posts
It worked. I used the dremel to barely open up the stock on either side of the safty and it slid right in. What a difference it makes. I had no idea how bad a tuned up stock trigger was until I shot this one. The only problem is that I am going to have to buy 3 more of these because I've got to have one in all of them now.
Wonder if Rimfire Sports gives a guy a break if he buys in bulk?

·
Registered
72 Posts
TG2000

Some of the TG2000's came with an oversize/extended safety which required modifications to some stocks in order to fit. According to Volquartsen, the newer ones have a standard safety that should fit without any mods. I just purchased one with an oversize safety and had to modify my stock. I probably would have gotten one with the standard safety if I had known about this before buying it. I use my 10/22 for target shooting and hardly ever use the safety but the oversize one is easier to operate.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just switched safetys from my stock trigger guard and the volquarsten. Problem solved. I am thinking of ordering another standard safety from ruger so I can completely get rid of the oversized safety. It is impossible to get the trigger guard into most stocks with that large safety. It is a problem more than a help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.