Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you guys are going to see a lot of posts from me now that I finally got my MkIII 22/45!

I started installing some upgrades today and admit to getting confused with the proper way to install the new spring that comes with the Volquartsen sear. All of the examples on guntalk and posts here on RFC show how this spring needs to be installed in a MkII with the long end of the spring catching behind frame cross pin. THe MkIII doesn't have this pin, so I could not get it installed correctly. For the sake of sanity I ended up reusing the standard spring with the new sear and it works like a charm. Trigger pull seems less now (don't have a gauge to tell how much), is the spring really necessary?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
So you guys are going to see a lot of posts from me now that I finally got my MkIII 22/45!

I started installing some upgrades today and admit to getting confused with the proper way to install the new spring that comes with the Volquartsen sear. All of the examples on guntalk and posts here on RFC show how this spring needs to be installed in a MkII with the long end of the spring catching behind frame cross pin. THe MkIII doesn't have this pin, so I could not get it installed correctly. For the sake of sanity I ended up reusing the standard spring with the new sear and it works like a charm. Trigger pull seems less now (don't have a gauge to tell how much), is the spring really necessary?
You did the right thing, as I remember from chaning my 22/45's the spring that comes with the sear is for a steel framed pistol and is a totally differt shape, I thik I remember a note to that effect that came with the sear.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You did the right thing, as I remember from chaning my 22/45's the spring that comes with the sear is for a steel framed pistol and is a totally differt shape, I thik I remember a note to that effect that came with the sear.
I don't recall seeing a note, I'll have to double check. If there was supposed to be one it would have saved me from an afternoon of frustration!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine had a sticker on the little plastic bag that said to re-use the factory spring on 22/45's

Unfortunately, I didn't notice it right away, and struggled a while with the VQ spring before deciding it wouldn't work.... :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
That page isn't really set up for specific manufacturers installation procedures just detailed stripping of the two models of 22/45. I hope that you finished your installation and I'm glad you found the info useful.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weird. Just double checked mine and no such notice. Oh well, I'm just glad it's working!

BTW so far I've installed the VQ sear and MkII hammer bushing (removing the magazine disconnect). I also did the "slingshot" mod. I picked up a VQ target trigger but I think I want a sliver one instead of black.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
vikingshelmut, doing the mag disconnect on a mkIII 22/45 does that mod change the procedure for complete disassembly? The mag in, click, mag out, mag back in etc.
Thanks, CraigJS
Yes, you no longer need the magazine for the hammer to drop...which means no more mag in-mag out-mag in-etc. during disassembly.

It also means the pistol will fire with no magazine in place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.