Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new barrel for my 10/22 to use for targets, local club matches, offhand practice, and maybe some squirrel popping. In my budget, it looks like I could get a Volquartsen muzzle weighted barrel (and use the birch stock) or a Green Mountain fluted bull barrel and a cheap synthetic stock. My question is, would the Green Mountain setup be as good? I hear great things about Volquartsen, and very good to great things about Green Mountain. Any advice from anyone who owns them?
Thanks,
Crowkiller

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I'd go with the Volquartsen Muzzle-weight or the Green Mountain Running Boar.

They both shoot great.

The only main difference is the Green Mountain is around 22" and the Volquartsen is about 16.5" or so.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just had a VQ MW shipped today, will see how it shoots and post this weekend. Not that my results matter, VQ says it will shoot .375 or better or you get your $$$ back. Enough said in my book

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi. I am a huge GM fan. That said, I am a fan of vol. also. My buddy has a vol. muzzle weight barrel he has been shooting on a turner barracuda stock for about a year now in nra sihouette competition. the barrel is accurate, but not .375 accurate. it will shoot into half an inch at 50 yards with regularity. my GM blued bull will shot into .4xx with regularity and sometimes into .3xx. All this at 50 yards, of course. You cannot go wrong with either one, but the GM is hands down the best bang for the buck. Incidentally, I also have a vol. carbon fiber tensioned barrel that has not impressed me terribly. It is not inaccurate, but it is no tackdriver either ... barrels remain a crap shoot! regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.