Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i received my new vol extractor .need some help on how too install it .i know how too get the bolt out just need too know how too change the extractor itself thanks in advance.don

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
First, get a one gallon ziplok bag to do it in. Those parts are impossible to find in a shag rug. :D

A small jewlers screwdriver or other sharp, stiff, gizmo that you can push in behind the extractor and compress the spring and pin. If you have a pair of tweezers, they come in handy to lift out the extractor. Just slip it out and replace it with the new one. make sure it sits all the way in before you release the spring pressure..

Ron

·
Registered
707 Posts
Gunsmither tool

I think the Gunsmither tool is $13. Money well spent!:t
I performed the task several times with nothing but a small punch.
That worked fine. I bought the Gunsmither Tool b/c he is a sponsor and b/c it was cheap. I am really glad I did. It works great for holding that plunger and spring in place while removing and installing the VQ extractor. If you want to use the spring that came with the VQ stuff, just let the plunger fire into your finger or something else that will stop it (and hopefully hurt less) by removing the GT. I let it hit my bench. The pressure is off and you can swap them out. You then use the tool to pull it all back and install the Extr.
The tool also helps with bolt removal and reinstall.
If you can't catch his link here, go to ebay and search for the gunsmither tool.:t
Of course Ron's Ziplock works too, but it ain't quite as cool as havin yet another tool!:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.