Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I buy one?

I have a new Wal-Mart 22" SS barrel 10/22 and after 10 - 15 rounds I start getting multiple failure to EJECT. It extracts just fine but won't eject the case clear of the bolt before it trys to close.

Do I need to do any headspace modifications to the gun before installing the Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor or is it a drop in replacement? (I'm thinking it's a drop in.)

I'm very familiar with firearms full disassembly (AR15, AK47, Mausers, etc, etc) but have never messed with the 10/22 bolt assembly. How hard on a scale of 1 to 10 to replace the extactor?

·
Registered
770 Posts
evillikekenivle said:
midway sells them
I hope this doesn't get taken out of context, but responses like this drive me CRAZY! Why do people recommend places like Midway when there are Sponsors on this board that sell them for less, in addition to helping support this great site! I don't get it.

Evillikekenivle, please don't take this as a personal attack. You are not the first, nor will you be the last. I just know that the sponsors work very hard to offer competitive prices and great service, not to mention that some of us have been here since the beginning. Please consider the sponsors of this board when recommending products and services that we offer. We may not offer everything that Midway does, but on products that we do offer, you can't beat our prices or our service.

Hawk :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hawk said:
I hope this doesn't get taken out of context, but responses like this drive me CRAZY! Why do people recommend places like Midway when there are Sponsors on this board that sell them for less, in addition to helping support this great site! I don't get it.

Evillikekenivle, please don't take this as a personal attack. You are not the first, nor will you be the last. I just know that the sponsors work very hard to offer competitive prices and great service, not to mention that some of us have been here since the beginning. Please consider the sponsors of this board when recommending products and services that we offer. We may not offer everything that Midway does, but on products that we do offer, you can't beat our prices or our service.

I agree with you about supporting your sponsors, but, many times people on these forums will just say things like, "Buy it from DJ here on the board. He's got great prices!" Yea, well THANKS but I don't know who the #$%@ DJ is and how to order from him.

My action was very grittly feeling. Didn't slide easy at all. After reading other similar posts on this forum I disassembled my 10/22 (piece of cake). Cleaned everything real good (wasn't very dirty). Then I noticed that the bolt handle didn't slide very well on the guide rod. Very "gritty" feeling. So I pulled it back and the guide rod had a lots of little ring marks on it. Almost like machining marks. So, I pulled back the handle on the rod to expose the rod and used emry cloth on it to polish it up. Also, some of the edges in the receiver were a little ruff so I smoothed those off also. Lubed the guide rod and other contact points with Miltec and wiped off. The thing is like twice as easy to charge now. I'm hoping this will fix the problem as I only have like 300 rounds through this gun. It's ALWAYS had this problem.

What an awesome forum this is. If this doesn't do the trick I'll look into the new extractor. Looked very easy to replace.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had lots of stove pipes and jams with my new 10/22 T and it had about 1300 rounds through it. I finally just got ahold of Reed from WeaponKraft and ordered my auto bolt release, bolt buffer and vq extractor from him and it was shipped fast, not to mention the great customer service I got too. Now the rifle shoots w/out any problems!!

WeaponKraft

KingSix

·
Registered
770 Posts
DaPhotoGuy said:
I agree with you about supporting your sponsors, but, many times people on these forums will just say things like, "Buy it from DJ here on the board. He's got great prices!" Yea, well THANKS but I don't know who the #$%@ DJ is and how to order from him.

My action was very grittly feeling. Didn't slide easy at all. After reading other similar posts on this forum I disassembled my 10/22 (piece of cake). Cleaned everything real good (wasn't very dirty). Then I noticed that the bolt handle didn't slide very well on the guide rod. Very "gritty" feeling. So I pulled it back and the guide rod had a lots of little ring marks on it. Almost like machining marks. So, I pulled back the handle on the rod to expose the rod and used emry cloth on it to polish it up. Also, some of the edges in the receiver were a little ruff so I smoothed those off also. Lubed the guide rod and other contact points with Miltec and wiped off. The thing is like twice as easy to charge now. I'm hoping this will fix the problem as I only have like 300 rounds through this gun. It's ALWAYS had this problem.

What an awesome forum this is. If this doesn't do the trick I'll look into the new extractor. Looked very easy to replace.
Polishing the guide rod is something that is quite often overlooked, yet one of those things that yields great results! I hope this works out for you. One more thing, as a side note, forum members telling you things like "Buy it from so and so, here on the board. He's got great prices!" is how guys like Dakotan and myself got our business off the ground. So, don't be afraid to try out guys that you've never heard of... sometimes they turn out to be pretty good guys! :D Happy shooting.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Hawk said:

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.

Hawk said:
Polishing the guide rod is something that is quite often overlooked, yet one of those things that yields great results! I hope this works out for you. One more thing, as a side note, forum members telling you things like "Buy it from so and so, here on the board. He's got great prices!" is how guys like Dakotan and myself got our business off the ground. So, don't be afraid to try out guys that you've never heard of... sometimes they turn out to be pretty good guys! :D Happy shooting.

I think you may have misunderstood the intent of my followup post. I 100% agree that I should buy stuff from you and other sponsors of this forum. The problem I have is that right now I know you sell stuff. I don't know WHAT exactly you sell. I don't know your prices on what you sell. I don't know how to go about placing an order. Do you have a website? Is it all done by email? This information is never provided when people on the forum say, "Buy from this guy." One of the previous posters provided me with a link in their post to WeaponKraft (Dakotan right?). I'm now going to purchase their "10/22 LR RELIABILITY PACKAGE" as I like the idea of the recoil absorbing bolt stop and the Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor can't hurt. As long as someone provides me with the info I need to make the purchase I'm all for buying from the little guys.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
DaPhotoGuy said:
I think you may have misunderstood the intent of my followup post. I 100% agree that I should buy stuff from you and other sponsors of this forum. The problem I have is that right now I know you sell stuff. I don't know WHAT exactly you sell. I don't know your prices on what you sell. I don't know how to go about placing an order. Do you have a website? Is it all done by email? This information is never provided when people on the forum say, "Buy from this guy." One of the previous posters provided me with a link in their post to WeaponKraft (Dakotan right?). I'm now going to purchase their "10/22 LR RELIABILITY PACKAGE" as I like the idea of the recoil absorbing bolt stop and the Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor can't hurt. As long as someone provides me with the info I need to make the purchase I'm all for buying from the little guys.
Unless you are looking at a different main page than me, we have a Sponsor's section on the main forum page, and changing banner ads running across the top of every page. All of those ads are links to the sponsor's websites.

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
if you are afraid to buy from the sponsors dont be. i have only delt with WK, Hawktech and Wicks trading post. if a sponsor or any person tying to do bussiness here at RFC did bad bussiness or made a crappy product you would here about it pronto. you cant have bad bussiness practices and stay in bussiness in this market for long. you might screw a few but info and word of mouth will shut you down. good luck and keep :snipersmi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There you have it, I didn't even see that.

Wolf said:
Unless you are looking at a different main page than me, we have a Sponsor's section on the main forum page, and changing banner ads running across the top of every page. All of those ads are links to the sponsor's websites.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please read my post.

nemohunter said:
if you are afraid to buy from the sponsors dont be. i have only delt with WK, Hawktech and Wicks trading post. if a sponsor or any person tying to do bussiness here at RFC did bad bussiness or made a crappy product you would here about it pronto. you cant have bad bussiness practices and stay in bussiness in this market for long. you might screw a few but info and word of mouth will shut you down. good luck and keep :snipersmi
I just want people to stop assuming everyone knows what they are talking about when they mention a sponsors name/business. "Buy it from DJ!" is not sufficient for a new person on a forum. I'm not afraid to buy from the sponsors. I RECOMMEND buying from them. I 100% agree with buying from them. Just didn't know how to get hold of them. Now I do thanks to some other folks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.