Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello every one i am new to this forum. ive been lurking for awhile
and decided to register. this seems like a very nice site with some good info. i was hoping to get some feed back on vq 22 rifles i am in the market for a high end 22

i had been looking at ethier a kimber or a cooper but i ran into a guy today that said a VQ 22 would shoot every bit as good as a kimber or a cooper this seemed strange it being a semi auto
i was hoping some owners would reply that could tell me the pro's an con's of the VQ22's all reply's are appreciated

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry, I just got back from vacation. I have a VQ and a Kimber SVT. They both shoot extremely well. Prices between the two are similiar. Either way I think you'll be happy. There are a lot of very happy VQ owners here, the biggest difference I've found is that the Kimber is a bit more finicky as to ammo. The VQ shoots CCI Blazers as well as it does Eley Match, go figure. I prefer a bolt over semi but that's up to you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for these replys everyone
if i could get dime sized groups at a hundred yards i would be pleased to say the least

i wonder what a VQ barrel would do for my 597 rem does any body happen to have this combo thanhs for the responces

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a VQ22 Lightweight, and an older Kimber of Oregon model 82, make before the "C" designation was added. The VQ22 does indead outshoot the Kimber, not to mention being more rugged, semi-auto, and using 10rnd magazines instead of 5rnd. The VQ22 consistantly does 3/8" at fifty yards with Winchester Wildcat ammo. The Kimber 82 routinely does 1/2" at fifty and likes Federal Classic. I wouldn't take for either of them though. The VQ22 is a better performer, but somthing about the look and feel of a truely beautiful bolt action sporter like the Kimber just makes you feel good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.