Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Land of Presidents

Hi all,
There is no better state to live in than Virginia.Especially if you like the wind.By the time it's crossed most of the country and arrived here it really has a good head of steam.Here's some scores.May have a few more before the month ends.I'm having a Shilen barrel put on my NS 522 and hope to have it ready by next week.If anyone is interested in a good smith who does good work and has reasonable fees drop me an email.6.5-06 does all my work(Maynard Spencer).Thanks.
Mike C.......Pinball
Bassett,Va.

25yds.
--------
250-10x
Wolf Match Target
Anschutz 1416D Left Hand
64 Action,1lb. trigger
Factory Stock
Sightron 6-24x40
Douglas Barrel
Smithed by 6.5-06(Maynard Spencer)

25yds.
--------

250-20x
Wolf Match Target
Ruger 10-22
Gatewood Stock
Weaver T36 Scope
Clark Barrel
1lb. trigger

50yds.
--------
237-6x
Wolf Match Target
Anschutz 1416D Left Hand
64 Action,1lb. trigger
Factory Stock
Sightron 6-24x40
Douglas Barrel

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Yep the 10/22 King is back!

And lookie at them scores! 10/22 over Anschutz. Now anybody wanna say they can't shoot with a bolt gun?

Great shooting Mike! JL

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas.I didn't get to turn in any scores for April and am trying to make up for it.Joe told me to go ahead and post all future scores myself using his format.He needs every little bit of help we can give.

JL,I have shot the 10/22 for so long it has become second nature almost.When the rifle is right and trigger pull consistent something happens which doesn't occur with a bolt rifle.You get a feel for it and can really get on a roll.Just keep your face to the stock and keep getting it till the mag is empty!:D I shot that target using a Protektor rear bag and sandbags on the front.Go figure.:eek:
Mike C.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Mike,
I know what you mean about the groove. Get everything lined up and just start popping away. With a bolt gun you have to set-up every shot. With a 10/22 you only have to do it 2 !/2 times per target.
But your groove must be deeper'n mine. ;) JL

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
WTG Pinball!!! Nice shooting sir.. VERY nice!!!!
Paul

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Paul.It's taken 4yrs. and countless thousands of rounds to get to this far.But it's worth it all.You'll get out of it what you put into it.Shoot well.:D

JL.don't go pulling the wool over my eyes.I remember when you first started shooting with us.And I see where you are now.You shoot every bit as well as I do at 25yds. and better than me at 50.You are the equal of any 10/22 shooter in these matches:D and have put in the time and effort required.But thanks for the kind words.I just got on a roll that day.

Mike C.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Fantastic scores, Mike - Congratulations!!!
I'm definitely not a click-clack advocate but you & JL have most assuredly proven that they can be made to hold their own with the best of the bolt guns. My hat is off to both of you repeatedly.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks claybuster!Now,if I can only learn to shoot a bolt action.The competition in that category is certainly tough around here.:D
Mike C.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Where would we be without 10/22??? We would be short one useless rimfire and october would be a weird month... Where would we be without the bolt? It is too horrible to imagine! :D

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Time,
The best reason for 10/22s is to give you bolt guys sumpthin' to gripe about when you get beat by one of 'em! :p

uuh, and about the tight shorts....try boxers, or if your really tough...Commando! :cool: JL

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jerry,
Thanks for the kind words.To be honest with you,everything just felt right that day.It's not something that will happen again anytime soon:D .
Mike C.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.