Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the last couple of years I have been trying to "track down" an old S&W magazine ad for the Model 34 Kit Gun. It would have been in a late '50's - early '60's Sports Afield or Field & Stream or Outdoor Life magazine.

I remember it well from when I was a kid ... black and white full-page ad, a small well-used canvas haversack sitting opened-up on a streamside bank with a few essentials nestled on the open flap ... including that spiffy little piece of history.

I eventually got the gun, and now I'd like to "round-out" the quest with a copy (or original) of that ad. Even the mighty E-bay has not helped so far.

Maybe someone here will be able to point me in the right direction. S&W doesn't seem to mention having this stuff in their archives.

Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Photocopies available ...

Hi Guys,

I received the ad the other day ... it must be from a 1945 magazine because the text says (and I quote), "While the Kit Gun is not yet available, we are re-converting out facilities as quickly as possible and hope to have some models back on the dealers' shelves by the beginning of 1946."

It's a neat full-page ad ... black and white ... with nostalgic artwork of the gun (not a photograph) on the top half and text on the bottom half. There's a line drawing of an outdoor scene to the left of the text. Unfortunately, some of the large font printing from another ad on the opposite side of the paper does show through on the S&W ad. You can see it at the EBay link a bit earlier in this thread.

Anyone who has a kit gun and who would like a photocopy of this ad (free, no charge) could send me a private message. I don't mind the cost of a stamp-and-envelope ... but would suggest (for your own peace of mind) that you offer a John Smith name and a mailing address that's not too location-specific.

Ron

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Technology !

Hi Dwight,

I have a combination HP scanner-printer but I've never used the scanner before ... and I think I've mislaid the instruction booklet.

I'll figure it out :)

You might want to consider removing your address and e-mail info ... I have both now.

Ron

·
Registered
564 Posts
Pdwight said:
I already served my time for shooting a man in Reno just to watch him die ;)
Dwight P
Since you brought it up, why was he serving his time in California for a murder in Nevada? This just never made any sense to me.:D
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.