Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
First the story:
Yesterday I had an appointment with a friend a gun glub about an hour away. We got there a little early so we watched the pair ahead of us finish up. They were shooting the archery simulation as well as us. I then realized they have a handgun simulation and a shotgun simulation. AWESOME.

Setup:
Your 17 yards from the a white screen. About 7 yards from the screen is the projector. This is extemely simialer to going to the movies. Same concept. It was dark with black lights above you which made our pins just glow. It was super fun. Becuase it was our first time the guy gave us half off and one round for free. We shot for 1:45 hours and it costed $15. Normally would have been $35. It was a blast. I can see I need to do a whole lot more target practice. I had only shot probably 50 times since last fall.

The second your arrow hits the screen, or shoot it stops and displays your hit and and the kill zone.

If anyone has the chance to do this I highly suggest it.

Dean_311

·
Registered
106 Posts
You are right my friend!

I try to get to our range at least once a week and run through the 3D video shoot, it is a blast and you can practice your shots on a huge varity of critters.. and if you start getting bored with the large game mamals you can shoot jackrabbits, prarie dogs, and rattle snakes.. now your talking some small kill zones..

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I have tried the video simulation and it was great. I didn't know they had a system for pistols and shotguns too. The one I tried was for bows only. With bows you have to put a special blunt tip on your arrow that is about 3/4 of an inch with a reflective backing. You shoot at a white kevlar screen with the images projected on to it. I wonder how it reads your bullets impact with a pistol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.