Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Varmint

1271 Views 16 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Marty Conry
For those who are wondering if the CZ452 Varmint is accurate enough, here's my 2 best 1" circle targets. There's 5 shots in each one using Federal AE22 at 50 yards.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Armabill,

Really impressive groups! A couple of questions:

1. What have you done to tune the gun?
2. What scope and mount combination do you have on it?
3. Did you make up that target, download it somewhere or what?

Thanks,

Wayne Dobbs

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Marty!! Will do the best that I can.

Wayne, I put in Brook's trigger kit. Used the thicker sleeve and the lightest spring.

I also put in a steel sleeve between the underside of the receiver and the inside bottom of the trigger guard. On the Varmint, the sleeve is placed in the hole where the receiver screw goes through. The length I used was 1.135", outside diameter .312" and inside diameter .245". Don't get one that the diameter is too large or it will interfere with the sear.

I'm using a Weaver 4-16x42 scope with Millet CZ mounts.

I also noticed that the barrel was making contact with the stock on the right side. So I put some thin shims on the right portion of the stock where the receiver mates. This moved the whole action over to the left to give me a free float barrel while still using the barrel stud and screw.

I got the target from MyTargets.Com.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not the only one at our gun club who has been getting good results with the Varmint. Marty Conry's targets are excellant. Hope you don't mind Marty, but here's some of his:

Marty has better ones than this but I don't have a pic of them.

· Registered
30 Posts
Penn tradition

Looks like Armabill and Mr. Conry are keeping up that old Penn tradition of solid shooting!

Keep it up with sincere compliments from one of the few native Texans left in the Dallas area! Hope I can get my new Varmint to shoot that great!

Wayne Dobbs

· Registered
657 Posts
Hey Wayne....Thats a right nice compliment. I am sure you will produce with that gun. All it needs is a little fine tuning specifically adjustment of bbl to stock tension balance between bbl lug and bolt in the action immediately behind trigger. armabill has solved the rear tension with his use of metal sleeve over this bolt (thus pillar bedding) which removes stock to bbl tension.

marty conry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.