Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use a Harris BRSM bipod which is a 6-9" unit. If I need more elevation I use the Stoney Point shooting stix.

Both work well for prairie dogicide. Be sure to zero with the bipod in place as some rifles realise a change in POI with the bipod attached.

Regards,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it sure is quite a bit pricier than a Harris bipod... :)

Just seemed like it might be a more portable alternative to a shooter's bench...guess I will stick with the bipods, though. I only have a few of the Harris fixed (6-9" BR); how is the swivel model? Does it make the gun any less steady when shooting?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Prarie Dogs?

Got_The_Bug,

Where in NH are you going to shoot p-dogs? Heck, I can't even find a decent Wood Chuck population. I get sick reading about those guys and their P-Dog towns, Think we could import some? Start our own little shooting club.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, crap...if those aren't prairie dogs, then what am I shooting!?!? Prairie dogs make a mewing sound and like tuna, right? :D

Actually, I am going out to South Dakota at the end of June for a prairie dog shoot with other assorted family members. Should be fun...I did the same thing when I was 16...now I will be 31, and will be taking my 16 year old brother with me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.