Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i have finally realized i need a new scope for my ultimate. As of right now i have a simmons 3-9X40 and i dont really like it. i want something relatively cheap (around or under 200) and something with a crisp picture and reticles you can actually see :p What do yall use on your ultimates??

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't have one of these on my 10-22s yet, but I may. try kalinka optics. I have the veber 6-24 power and it retails for around 199. check out ebay, thats where I got mine from(from the kalinka optics warehouse) for 157 plus shipping. I have it on my savage 10fp in .308 and it works very well, it doesn't get distorted around the edges even at 24x it has the german #4 reticle with an illuminated dot. I think it is a great scope for the money, Ill. reticle, target turrets, 1/8 moa adjustments and a 30mm tube.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with THEKID about the Mueller that he posted the link to. I have one of their scopes on a Ruger#1 .223 and it does a GREAT job. I plan on another Mueller in the next few weeks for a 10/22. Great optics for the money. :t

·
Registered
741 Posts
AR, if you came from a 3x9 on a .22, you probably experienced parallax (and focusing) issues for those close in ranges. Although I don't have one, the Eradicators have an AO (Adjustable Objective) to help dial them in up close. If you're not using a dedicated rimfire scope, a scope with an AO is recommended for close in. I bring this up 'cause that 3x9 probably had this problem and you found looking through it for rimfire ranges 'not-so-good'.

B

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've got one eradicator on my Savage 93R17 BVSS and one on my Savage 12FV in 204 Ruger. In my opinion, for $200 they're hard to beat. EABrown had a special with a free sunshade, but I don't know if it is still going on.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a Mueller 8.5-25X50 on my Savage .17 HMR. As noted earlier, the AO allows dialing parallax from 25 yard to infinity. They're really nice scopes for the price - really clear out to the edges. They also have very fine crosshairs with a .25 MOA dot that can be illuminated for low light conditions.

Both my 10-22s (DSP sporter barrel and Fajen stocked .920 barrel) use Leupold bases and Burris Signature rings. I like Signature rings because of the plastic inserts - they don't mar the scope finish - and the bases because they allow for gross windage adjustments. The both rifles are equipped with the Bushnell 3-9X32 airgun scopes. I really like the scopes because of the finger adjustable turrets which can be adjusted for zero. They're also adjustable for parallax - fifteen yards to infinity.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Personally, for a Great inexpensive rimfire scope I Love the Simmons ATV 4.5-14x40 >$100. I currently have 3 and will be buying at least 2 more as I can afford them.
I may try one out on my .243 win to see if it can handle the recoil. I am currently using a leupold VariX II 3-9x40. The ATV has a brighter, clearer picture than my leupold. If the ATV can take the recoil, I just might replace the leupold.
I can't say enough good things about the ATV. I love it.

JMHO,
SwampF0X

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
get the mueller eraticator focus down to 15yards optics are clearer than any scope at twice the price. :angel: opticzone.com has a special that is going now 199.95 plus free 3" sun shade and shipping. your choice silver or matte black. :t

·
Registered
936 Posts
SwampF0X said:
Personally, for a Great inexpensive rimfire scope I Love the Simmons ATV 4.5-14x40 >$100. I currently have 3 and will be buying at least 2 more as I can afford them.
I may try one out on my .243 win to see if it can handle the recoil. I am currently using a leupold VariX II 3-9x40. The ATV has a brighter, clearer picture than my leupold. If the ATV can take the recoil, I just might replace the leupold.

JMHO,
SwampF0X
Replace a Leupold with a Simmons? Wow! That's saying something! (Not sure what though.... :eek: )

Dennis

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
SwampF0X said:

JMHO,
SwampF0X
I've got 2 of the ATV's and my son has one. They're pretty hard to beat for the price.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I'm not saying it will hold up as well as the leupold. But it sure is brighter and clearer, even on higher power than the leupold.
I'm just curious about trying it on the deer rifle...............Though I'm not too sure I'm willing to take the chance.
But as far as rimfires go. The ATV is GREAT.

JMHO
sf

·
Registered
317 Posts
Amerc_rifleman said:
so, i have finally realized i need a new scope for my ultimate. As of right now i have a simmons 3-9X40 and i dont really like it. i want something relatively cheap (around or under 200) and something with a crisp picture and reticles you can actually see :p What do yall use on your ultimates??
A co-worker has the Eraticater 8.5-25x50 on his $800.00 air rifle. He says for close fast shots 10 to 45 yards it does NOT work, that is because of the 8.5 power being the lowest power setting. It is going back on his .243. I told him to get a $100.00 44mag. I just bought one 6.5-20x44. Also 44mags can be had in 2.5-10x44. The Eraticater is a nice scope, but IMHO it belongs on a centerfire for 75 yard and longer shooting. The 44mag will work great on your ultimate.22. It will focus down to 10 yards and as far as your 10/22 will shoot. I`m ordering 2 more from Natchezs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.