Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Varmint out today for the first time in more than a month. Went to the foothills and got into a few gs towns. I was using Rem bulk pack(from WW). The Rem ammo did a good job. I ran out of ammo, was away from the truck and my buddy handed me a box of Power Points. Man do the PP`s work. At all distances the PP made more noise on contact with the gs. The PP were more distructive on the gs also. We were shooting out to 200yds(yes with 22rimfires). The CZ Varmint is a winner in my book.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I like the Winchester PP.....BUT, I have been shooting the Winchester Dynapoints lately and they are very accurate.
The Power point's hollow point has a bigger more pronounced hole and the bullet more of a conical shape.
The Dynapoints are Bulk pak from K-Mart, Round nose bullet with a smaller hole.....But, they also hit with a thump like the PP's.
We were at the range shooting at 100 yards. The wind was blowing hard, and the temp.was in the 30's. CCI Mini Mags were out shooting everything that we shot that day....even the Power Points, go figure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.