Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help V-16,4-16x42ao or Grand Slam 4.5-14x40?Wil be used for paper,plinking and sguirrel hunting.Have 44mag 6-20x44,aetec 3.8-12x44 and 22mag 3-9x32.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The Grand Slam is a better scope internally and optically. It is also more expensive. Having said that I did choose the Weaver V-24 over the Grand Slam 6-20x40 to go on top of my 22 Mag. I wanted the extra magnification and knew the V-24 is a fine scope.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have not personally used a Grand Slam so can't offer a direct comparison for you. However, I do have 2 V-16's which I am extremely please with. In their power range and for the type shooting I do I don't think I'd ever need anything different. They are clear, the AO adjusts very close, and seem to track fine. I'm certain that you'd be please with one. On top of that, the power range of the V-16 would be to your advantage IMHO. It goes both lower and higher than the GS.

I recall a thread a short while back where the GS was compared to either the V-16 or V-24 by someone. I seem to recall that their opinion was the V scope was a tad brighter...might be remembering this wrong though. Without the search function I couldn't find the thread. That person chose the V over the GS for what that's worth.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have 2 v-16's and one GS 6x20. Both are fine scopes, I think the GS is a little brighter and has a more forgiving eye relief. Both are great for the $$$$$$ in my opinion. I too am shopping for another scope, I am waiting for a deal on either one. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.