Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this 22lr casing a few weeks ago at my local range... while I have seen a LOT of different 22lr casing in my lifetime I have never seen one like this!! It has a dimple on the base. Could this be a design to direct the burning of the powder ?? or??

·
Registered
208 Posts
Minor correction....

It's either Federal (very likely) OR it's the Russian target ammo that Federal got the idea from...

More than likely it's Federal Match ammo... supposedly it's to help the primer mix get settled in the rim properly during manufacturing, and/or aid in getting the "spark" from the primer to ignite the powder more evenly.. I've read both.

Paul F.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yea it is a federal more than likely. :)

I wondered the first time I saw them. If they shoot there is a bunch of empty casings they must work :)

Dean_311

·
Registered
685 Posts
All the federal gold medal used to come like this till about a year ago. The $2/box Gold Medal Target was great stuff that compared in consistancy w Elly Club. No more though. They got bought out by Blount and they changed their cases and quality. No Dimple and less consistancy. I'm not sure if the high end GMmatch is still dimpled but I'm done with them anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.