Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a few bricks of PMC (Hecho en Mexico), I have noticed that unfired rounds are not ejecting. Is my extractor worn and not picking up these? Has any one else seen this? Should I replace the extractor? The ammo shoots great and is realy clean! I have noticed a funny smell while shooting this ammo ( kind of like the smell when you mix BONDO).

Thanks

Steve in Atco

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
I had a couple of extractors that I bought from someone on the site that made them. I tried to swap one out here a few weeks ago for the first time. It was too short. It just wouldn't work. So I took a stone and sharpened up and increased the angle on the stock extractor. It has worked without fail ever since.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
that sounds sort of like the smell you get with eley ammo, too. Something to do with the primer mixture, I believe it is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
three part reply

So they smell could be the primer mix. interesting. I have noticed when look down a spent round the inside of the brass is extremely clean not black like other brands.

I am using the standard velocity and the super sonic. Both shoot and cycle great.

I should have used extracting for an unfired round. Thanks

Steve in Atco

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.