Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ultimate "eBay" 10/22 challenge

824 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  SwampF0X
I was wondering how a good an ultimate 10/22 could be.

Heres the twist: all parts have to be bought off of eBay.

Ive seen the "ultimate package" kits on eBay and, I guess theyre okay, but would there be a real difference in the ebay 10/22 and your better 10/22s? Would it be a POS, or would it be a winner? A lot of people say eBay 10/22s are crap, but Ive never seen any proof. In fact, I got one of my stocks off of Ebay. It has never acted like a used stock, so why not a build an eBay 10/22?

I dont have the money right now, but would anyone want to build a 10/22 solely from ebay auctioned parts?

There really are no rules to this, except all parts excluding the reciever, trigger housing, and bolt have to bought off of eBay. Parts cannot be home modified.

Any takers?
-tex
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6,719 Posts
The quality stuff available on EBay is always cheaper elsewhere. Once in awhile you get lucky from an individual.

My answer would be "not interested" as I want to build the best. I want to be able to shop around and get the top quality stuff at good prices. Frankly, an "Ebay Challenge" sounds like a waste of money. JMHO

Ebay is fine. I got an awesome new barrel and a great new Fajen stock at huge discounts.

· Registered
5,438 Posts
Ebay is fine if you can find a deal but with the large selection that the sponsors offer and at some of the lowest prices available I won't be doing it. By the time you ordered all the small parts off Ebay and paid the shipping you could have ordered it all from Hawk and received free shipping.

It's a different idea though if one wants to take the time to search and bid.

· Registered
6,463 Posts
I don't see the point in building an "ebay" rifle unless you find some real bargains. I'm not putting ebay down by any means. But if you search you can buy the same good stuff that our sponcers sell, you just usually pay a bit more for the parts.
I have bought a GM SS fluted 22mag barrel (used) for $55
A KIDD trigger for approx $210 (used)
A Boyds Ross T hole Pepper laminate stock (used second) $110 (not too pleased with that deal)
Numerous factory bolts and trigger assemblies about $40 each approximately
Scope rings, bases, ect.ect.ect.

Wait a minute..................I guess I have built an ebay rifle but I keep changing parts around and upgrading so the original ebay rifle is no more.

sf

· Registered
6,719 Posts
So maybe we should just talk about the best deal we ever made off Ebay for 10/22 parts?

Mine was an Olympic Arms fluted 20" barrel in gray powdercoat ( I think it's SS, but not sure, chamber face looks SS). $60. Most accurate barrel I'm currently shooting (including a VQ Carbon and Mag Research carbon).

· Registered
6,463 Posts
Easily done using 'used' or 'second' parts and doing some work yourself.
$14 GM second barrel (if you buy bulk)
$14 DSP walnut stock (traded GM second barrel for it)
$35 trigger assembly with included vq hammer (a member here)
$25 bolt (a member here)
Old Tasco scope and rings
left over weaver base
I'm well on my way.

sf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.