Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Demo,

Well out of my 452 American w/ a Bushnell L.E. 3200 4x12x40mm A.O. those two ammos aren't even close.

The wolf shoots quite well and the Winny is crapola.

I've got the wolf to go under 1/4" @ 25yd and 1/2" @ 50yd. Not all the time, because I suck. :D

The Winchester PP, well lets just say not as good. :)

What it boils down to is for you to try them both in Your rifle. Every rifle is different and responds to different ammo differently. Wow that's a mouth full!

Mine really likes the Fed 510's and Rem Subs. Others have different expirences.

Craig N.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Craig is on the mark with most of his observations. The one point on which I differ is the Winchester Power-Points. I have 24 groups recorded at 50 & 57 yards. They were fired from half a dozen different rifles and only two groups exceeded 1".... barely.

My Wolf data includes 75 groups of which 65 are under an inch. 23 of them are under half an inch with a couple in the .2's.

It's difficult to compare the Wolf Match Target with Winchester PP cartridges because they each have a different purpose. The Wolf is a standard velocity target round and for that it does very well. The Power-Points, OTOH, are a high velocity hollow point designed for hunting and for that it does very well, IMO. Judging them solely on accuracy, it's to be expected that the Wolf will be the better choice. No real surprises there.

The best advice given by Craig - and I fully agree - is for you to try them both in your rifle and see how they do.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hope I can get my Trainer this Saturday but won't get to shoot before Monday evening at best.

All this pretty much hinges on if they haven't sold it!

Had I taken the slightly over half the money for it last Saturday I'd have put it in layaway.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
LOL, Yeah Mrs Rigger knows, got away with about 4 of them that day. And yes I had ran out of card stock, so had to improvise, LOL. :D

Actually made a decent target, and cut pretty good holes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.