Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Tiger Maple Varmint Thumbhole stock, that is.:D This stock is all Tuck, built and finished by the Tuck man himself. He turned the stock from his own proprietary pattern and gave it a candy rootbeer finish with just a touch of orange added. Then he dipped it in liquid glass.... well, that's what it looks like anyway. He'd probably tell you that it's really automotive urethane clearcoat.

I almost opted for cherry wood, but came to my senses just in time to snag this beautiful piece of tiger maple.:eek: It's just about impossible to convey the beauty in a picture, but the stripes simply ripple like flowing water when the stock is held in the light and viewed from different angles.... shown here with a 20" GM stainless steel fluted barrel and a silver Mueller APV scope.

The thumbhole grip features a pronounced palm swell and offset slightly to the right side for comfort.

The left side is just as stunning as the right side.

A close up just to make your mouth water a little.:D

...AND the crowning touch is a ghost image on the grip cap of the Ruger eagle done in gold.

Thanks for the beautiful stock Jon.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Beautiful stock

Larry that is one beautiful stock. I like the slightly offset palm swell and finish. The man can finish a stock. Candy rootbeer over tiger stripe maple. Great combination. Love it. David

·
Registered
20,842 Posts
Who is Tuck, and what does he charge if I supplly the wood? I have a billet of 5A (top quality instrument grade) quilted maple I'd like a stock made from, and I love the lines of that stock ya got there.
Tuck...Tuck you ask...well that is like walking into a Art Gallery and asking who is Michelangelo :D
Tuck is one of the few that can and does consistently turn out true masterpieces.

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Tuck is a long time RFC member who happens to be able to turn wood or composite stocks into gorgeous, custom stocks. What he charges I won't say, but he can stain or paint nearly any wood and make it look better. He can take a nicely grained stock and make it look like this:

Slade Special Safari Grade

Slade Special benchrest
Or he can take a composite stock and paint it to make it look like this:

Use the Search Function on the header and insert Tuck. You will have many pages to read. You will have to contact him directly with materials and wants to find out what he will charge you. I would not begin to speak for him on that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.