Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so I just got done doing a trigger job to my Savage Mark II F, I got that done and its really nice. So next I figured I would take apart my bolt and polish a couple moving parts. So I took a 5/16" wrench like the "Take apart your model 93 bolt" thread says, and put it on the nut, put the bolt in a vice and started puting force on the nut. And guess what, it stripped the NUT!!!!! The wrench fit the nut juts fine and didnt slip off, it just rounded the whole nut. I guess I used to much force but it still didnt move. Anyways I need a new nut, any sources for a new one??? I NEED ONE!!!

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Ive probably got a nut in my spare parts, did you get the other one out? If the other one is in there that tight and you cant get it out, being rounded off shouldnt hurt the operation of the bolt, it just makes it hard if you ever do need to get it apart.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I got it off and the nut is hurt pretty bad, looking at the threds on the nut, they are hurt pretty bad, looks like that happend at the factory and thats why it was so hard to get off. I will try to doctor up the nut, but im really intersted to know if you have a spare nut Shootnut, as I would like to buy one if you do.

oh and the polish job is going great, and I will share how I did it as well as post pics soon....hopefully tomorrow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.