Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=728282
July 25 yards Semi-Auto e-mail match

There's only a small handful of entries this month, so I thought I'd try to get some of you fellas with tricked out rifles to give it a shot (pun intended). If you need to order targets, you probably won't make the deadline for July though.

I've been hooked on those USBR targets since I first tried to shoot benchrest target for score.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Hey folks,

Insomnia strikes again! I will post my scores, just have another weekend or so to see if I can get the score up a little. Haven't been shooting up to par (in my own opinion .... yes we are hardest on ourselves) but have also made a change or two and we'll see what happens. Could most likely get my wonderful wife to join in but for her its just too darn hot to shoot right now, she has also been seriously busy with school too. Sometimes for a grad student summer is by far no vacation ..... research, research, research!

Dave Z.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I guess the full Moon phase has a few of the wolfs around here up and on the troll early this morning LOL... I must admit the link of the challenge you guys have posted here is quite interesting indeed. Now I guess first off I need to go see if I can find the USBR targets here locally and then see if I am smart enough on how you guys score these up.

Only comp shooting I have ever done has been couple guys, how ever many there and willing shooting at whatever. Sometimes even using the same gun LOL... Best setup was at a bench one of us made out in the field somewhere, most times it was like we picked out a limb on a tree and then went on down to a leaf on that tree we all could see and was looking and then try to shoot it.

I know, don't laugh to bad LOL. Heck it is funny just sitting here typing it out LOL:) I would like to entertain the idea of joining everyone in this with my meazlly little torched off stock 10/22 that has now the VQ trigger kit in her! So you guys watch out if I find any targets and figure this all out on the counting of the scores and all. My stock OEM barrel still with barrel band might just get on the paper a couple times who knows LOL... Does look like fun though, can someone with as simple a setup rig like my ol'e girl play? I forgot to mention I have removed the peep sights and fish hook off the barrel just recently and have a mean old simmons 44mag scope, I am giving you fair warning here; better watch out:) So if you would be happier without the Rowdy and his trusty old iron I will understand...

·
Registered
526 Posts
OK, now that I have had time to mow the yard and soak up some of the Nice Texas sun this afternoon and all, I have ventured off to the ultimate board and found the post mentioned. Low and behold, it has the scoring method on that post and in great form and detail I might add. Well done

Now I guess that I have answered one of the biggy question I had, let me ask are these USBR targets something a good gun shop will have or are they something you need to order as well as the guage to score these??? Sorry for all the really dumb questions, I just never needed anything like this when sitting around the camp fire shooting at limbs or branches in a tree or whatever we found that looked really hard to hit:)

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Rowdy,

You are obiously a gluton for punishment if you had mowed today. I know I spent 9 hours in the shop today with the thermometer reading over 100°F for a while so out in the sun it must have been a touch closer to frying eggs. As to the targets in a gun shop, if you're near Midland, Davis Custom Firearms is a sourse for them but don't know of anyone else. At least not in my area. Good luck and enjoy!

Dave Z.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
stratcat said:
nice signature Dave :D
Could it be? Is it really him? ......... stratcat ...... is that you? Say something guitarish!

:D :D :D

Been a long time bubba! Good to see ya! And thanks about the sig line!

Dave Z.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
gmcfixer said:
Could it be? Is it really him? ......... stratcat ...... is that you? Say something guitarish!

:D :D :D

Been a long time bubba! Good to see ya! And thanks about the sig line!

Dave Z.
something like....

"if my baby don't love me no more...
I know her sister will....." :D

what's happening guys?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.