Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my midway catalog in the mail the other day and I saw the bas conender target scope that was on the cover and began to think 597. I realize that this is not the best scope out there, but I do think that it is better than the $18 Simmons that came on it. I am not sure what kind of rings that it has, but they seem to grip the 3/8" rail very well. I would like to keep the rings but upgrade the scope. If anyone else out there is in college, you will understand. I am trying to improve this 597 on a budget. My question is does anyone have this scope and if so, could you please measure the outside dia. of the objective. I know that all 50 mm obj do not have the same outside dia. If someone could shoot that measurement back to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Eric

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I wouldn't bet the BSA will be better than the 18 Simmons..I have heard nothing good about the BSA brand and if moneys tight I'd save it for something that is a safer bet......unless you just want to look at the new big scope....just my opinion...good luck and good shooting!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
bigdaddytacp said:
..I have heard nothing good about the BSA brand and if moneys tight I'd save it for something that is a safer bet......
I have a BSA Contender Target 4-16x50mm A/O and its a great scope for the $45 I paid for it (i'm in college too:().
Having said that, listen to bigdaddytacp.
I love my scope but I wouldn't take the risk of buying one new at full price.
For the price of a new BSA there are better scopes out there.

BTW, the rings on your Simmons probably won't be tall enough for a 50mm objective (which will actually be about 56 mm in overall objective diameter).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.