Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question, but when you guys replace your trigger springs and are testing them out, do you just leave the adjustment nut that shortens and lengthes the spring for tension in a certain spot? Like do you just swap the springs and say leave the nut in the lightest setting, or do you adjust that as well to find the right setting when trying the new springs?

I know.... it's kind of a dumb question, but I had to ask...lol

Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
You can do what you like but the adjustment nut is there for exactly that purpose-to adjust. If you just use different springs (eg. Brookies kit) you only have 4 possible different pull weights. If you then use the springs and the adjusting nut the variablities are huge, you can nearly get what ever you like.

Eg. I've been playing with the second lightest spring, seems a little light, so I stick in the third heaviest and it's a bit heavy but cranking the adjustment nut right down lightens it off to a nice weight. (however I will probably go to the second lightest spring when the creep is sorted-where are those replacement sleeves Eric ;) Kidding, they should arrive soon :D)

Cheers, Shandy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trigger spring adjustment

I replaced my stock spring with the third lightest one in the Brookes kit. I believe the spring adjustment will give you a 1/2- 1 lb adjustment. I believe loosening the nut all the way will lighten. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
CZ Trigger Spring-

I used a Dremel cut off wheel to cut off one loup of the trigger pull spring and turned the adjustment nut all the way down tward the trigger to reduce the trigger pull on my CZ Varmint rifle. I may have to cut off an other half a loup of the spring to get the pull down to a two pound trigger pull. If the pull is under two pound I can turn the adjustment nut up away from the trigger to increase the pull. I may trying using various size( dia.) nails to shorten the trigger pull. Then cut the nail to length if I find one that works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.