Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents - awesome forum! Been lurking for a while now but I'd like to tap into the pooled knowledge if I may. :)

Picked a nice little 'Lux but the trigger felt funny. Took it apart and found that hammer release occured at that part of the trigger mechanism below the action - in fact that was the ONLY part of the mechanism holding the firing pin.

I was under the impression that the trigger sear engaged beneath the bolt directly on the firing pin shoulder - or am I missing something obvious here?

Whatever, the trigger on this gun is definitely 'on' or 'off'. There's no creep, no backlash, no feel. In fact it's like a switch - you pull it - it goes 'click'.

It isn't dangerous - I've done the 'butt thump' test - but it sure is horrible to use. Any ideas please?

Thanks & regards
BC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Sir! That last bit describes it exactly!

I've spent most of my life using Brit Military kit (SLR/SMG/GPMG) and this is totally different by comparison.

What you describe now fits with what I see - the analogy is perfect. I guess I need to learn to adapt a little :)

Many, many thanks.

regards
BC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.