Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents - awesome forum! Been lurking for a while now but I'd like to tap into the pooled knowledge if I may. :)

Picked a nice little 'Lux but the trigger felt funny. Took it apart and found that hammer release occured at that part of the trigger mechanism below the action - in fact that was the ONLY part of the mechanism holding the firing pin.

I was under the impression that the trigger sear engaged beneath the bolt directly on the firing pin shoulder - or am I missing something obvious here?

Whatever, the trigger on this gun is definitely 'on' or 'off'. There's no creep, no backlash, no feel. In fact it's like a switch - you pull it - it goes 'click'.

It isn't dangerous - I've done the 'butt thump' test - but it sure is horrible to use. Any ideas please?

Thanks & regards
BC

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Was the Lux new or used? I was thinking that a previous owner might have tuned the trigger if it was used. If new it would be a surprise to me to hear of a Lux with no creep. Most of them come from the factory with quite a bit of creep.

I'm not exactly sure what you thought was wrong. Can you post photos?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
BC : I believe the gun is normal. It's not a two-stage trigger where there is a take-up before release point.

The trigger mechanism of the LUX has to main pieces - the trigger itself and the sear. It's the sear that blocks the forward movement of the firing pin in the bolt. The contact area between the firing pin and the sear is slanted such that the force of the firing pin pushes the sear down. That trigger hook prevent the sear movement, thus blocking the firing pin.... until you move the trigger a vee bit.

The "on-or-off" chareateristic the you describe is in fact preferred by most American shooters. They'd sayl "it breaks like a glass toothpick".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Sir! That last bit describes it exactly!

I've spent most of my life using Brit Military kit (SLR/SMG/GPMG) and this is totally different by comparison.

What you describe now fits with what I see - the analogy is perfect. I guess I need to learn to adapt a little :)

Many, many thanks.

regards
BC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.