Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

trigger pull improvement of 550 rem.

344 3
I just purchased a 550-1 Remington. I hope to make a grey sguirrel rifle with it. Is a trigger job, or improved and lighter pull possible on this gun? Also will bedding help? One last thing, will the floating chamber hinder any "real" chance of good accuracy?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think the springs could be changed in the sear or trigger itself? I've read that this gun might be prone to damage if the sear is reassembled wrong. Something about the flat head screw on the bottom holding the sear pressure. Hey , I saw in Cabela's a little trigger guard mounted triger assist. It's supposed to decrease felt pull by 50%. Almost considering one.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
I've read that this gun might be prone to damage if the sear is reassembled wrong. Something about the flat head screw on the bottom holding the sear pressure.
Because that thread is a large diameter in relation to the number of threads in the thin metal in the bottom of the receiver, it is VERY easy to cross-thread it when screwing it in. This is where the problem lies... many have been dis-assembled and cross-threaded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.