Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never heard of Delrin. I found a little scrap of something at work that will serve my purpose though. My boss tells me it's Teflon, but it looks a little more like Nylon to me. It seems harder than Teflon and not quite so white. Seems kind of slippery when I run my fingernail across it.:)

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Ayup! Actually it may be a Papermate, but who's counting.

I cut off bout a third of it (as per Antlurz recommendations) and wormed it into the hole. Fit like a glove and just needed to be stretched a teeny eeny bit to get the trigger to reset.

Thumbs up for this idea
:) :t

·
Registered
235 Posts
TripleTaco

Believe it or not I did just that about 3 weeks ago!
I had some 1/4 inch Teflon rod left from another project and I turned it down to make a trigger spring plunger. I made it a little shorter than the original steel plunger and it worked great! Lighter and smoother trigger pull.
Then I started experimenting with the J-B Weld trick to shorten the trigger pull and started having trigger reset problems (as I have mentioned in another post). I went back to the standard spring and plunger to remove that variable from the equation. When I get the trigger resetting properly I am going to try the Teflon plunger again. I think that we are on to something here!;)

GHP

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
GHP, the JB gig doesn't shorten trigger pull. It takes out the slop. (Pre-travel).

You left too much JB on there, take a bit more off and try it again. It takes quite a bit of assembly, dis-assembly, and fine tuning to hand fit these parts just right.

:t

·
Registered
235 Posts
R.J.
Yep. It's getting there! I had it working just about right and then tightened up the trigger assembly to receiver fit and it is failing to reset again. But even my wife admits that I have patience.
Thanks for the advice.

GHP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took the plunger out last night. The ball point pen spring wouldn't fit in the plunger hole. I did deburr and smooth the hole with some sandpaper. Put the original parts back in. Used a little lithium grease too. It seems smoother. I'm still working on the new plunger.

Got another little plunger spring with the VQ targer hammer that I just got. Wonder how much different it is from the original? Some where on here it said not to use the spring that comes with the target hammer. I think they meant the hammer spring though?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Mismost's C.A.T.

TripleTaco,

Might want to try Mismost's C.A.T. [Cheap *** Trick] of using a #8 shot pellet in the trigger return spring plunger assembly: it eliminates the "overtravel"...! ! ;)

:D :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.