Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a guy was to want to re-stock a 77/22 that's now in a synthetic stock with the molded in trigger guard, where would he have to go to get the parts to put on a guard like the one used on the factory walnut version of the 77/22?

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
In addition to the trigger guard assembly, you'll also need the magazine well liner, rear guard screw, and possiibly the magazine latch plunger and spring. Available in blue mostly, but if you have one of the bright stainless rifles, you can order the VBZ (gray finish) stainless parts. A few minutes with a buffer (go very lightly) and the gray finish is gone. Parts will then perfectly match the bright stainless.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input guys - I went back to the store where I saw the used 77/22, it's gone, so I guess I don't have to worry about it much now! Sounds like I'd be better of waiting till I found a nice clean used walnut 77/22, then all the parts would be there that I'd need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.