Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i had heard that the painted ones are usually not really good casts, and alot of them are pitted. but if you've done 3 with no probs on any of them, ill take those odds :D. ill probably just strip mine then. super. :t

experience wins everytime. thanks

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
8adger said:
hey txtrophyhunter what trigger is that :confused:
Looks kind of like a VQ but not exactly (or at least the one in my wife's gun) home built maybe? They aren't hard to reshape ..... I did it on mine and used epoxy putty to build it up and then filed it to my liking.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i stripped mine last night. it was much easier to do than the reciever was. (stripping the inside of the reciever was terrible)

im going to do some more polishing on it today, but it already looks great! ill post a pic later.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The trigger guards always seems to be easier than the receiver. I bought a bead blasting cabinet and it takes about 10 minutes to completely finish both parts. I was tired of caustic strippers.

·
Registered
21,616 Posts
Receiver and Trigger Guard-Strip or Repaint it..??

Striping is a option...sounds kinda tough and messy. Does anyone have a good experience in painting them? My 25 year old 10/22 needs some work and now I'm ready for all your feedback.

Chaser

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.