Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30+ year old 10-22. I figured it was time to give the old girl a face-lift so I added a Ruger-Race-Rifle stock, leupold M8-4x28mm compact R.F. special scope and a KiD 2.5 lb match trigger with magnum spring, bolt buffer and receiver pins.
Looks real nice! :D
The thing is when I pull the bolt handle back it feels different, also when looking thru the ejection port while moving the bolt, the bolt appears to be wearing /rubbing differently.
Will the old worn bolt along with the old worn receiver damage the trigger group in any way? :confused:
Should I put back the old 8 lb trigger group, and save the parts for another build?

I never had any problem shooting the rifle, although I usually missed what I was aiming at using the stock sight :rolleyes:
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief Says : The difference you feel in the action should be minimumal. The bolt rides on the receiver rails so the trigger (action) exposes the hammer to wear against the bolt. You can recontour the rear of the bolt to get a smoother action . Also get a good bolt buffer.
CD.
If the gun is older (low serial number) , may be better to keep origional and buy a different build gun.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Older action.

My favorite factory action was a 1973 "closet leaner" not so long ago, it is a much better action than the new stuff, made way better, works way better. The difference you feel, is the "retarded geometry" of the Kidd hammer in its group, along with the difference in spring rate on the hammer, it'll work just dandy. :t
Somewhere in here, is a list of serial numbers that tells you what model year you have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.