Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
I can only answer for a Model 82 ( original Kimber of Oregon, a S-Series supergrade )

2 screws on front of trigger - the upper one is the over travel screw, and the lower one is the Trigger adjustment screw ( weight of pull )

1 screw in the rear - Sear engagement

The screws on each side of the trigger housing ( one set for each adjustment screw ) are locking screws and must be loosened to make adjustments and then tightened again to lock the adjustments in.

If you can get a manual for a model 82 government. Chapter 4 covers trigger adjustment

Of course, adjustment should ONLY be made by an experienced gunsmith or armorer.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.My SVT seems to be the same.Don't really know if I want to have it adjusted or not.Feels pretty good as is.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phil

I feel the same way about the sear,I backed off the pull weight and that was it.(Mine has the lock nuts).I also wanted to ask you if it would do any good to glass bed the action,or maybe just the front of the action/back of the barrel even though the action is already pillar bedded?I also intend to try a bughole on the front.Do you have any opinion on this?Thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phil

You and me both.I may go ahead and try to bed the action a little just to see what happens.I'll definately try the bughole.I'll let you know how it turns out.I think I'll ask xxring his opinion 1st.Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.