Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Glockr. Let us know how you like the silent-sr. I purchased one in December. Still waiting on my tax stamp.
I've already demo'd it. It's very quiet. Almost as good as the DeadAir Mask. The baffles are very unique. They are a little difficult to separate, but with an allen key they can be dislodged. I'm impressed thus far. Not sure how long the inner O-ring will hold up, but they are available at the hardware store. I think you will be happy with your choice. I know you will on the cleaning aspect. Three hours in the stainless tumbler, and it's basically 95% clean.

One thing I've learned is to never buy aluminum baffled can. I'll take the extra 3-3.5 ounces of weight for the ease of cleaning!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just picked up my Silencerco Spectre II after an eleven month wait. The threads are manufactured wrong and it won't thread onto my barrel. I took it back to the dealer who played a game of chess with my gun, several other guns, and several other suppressors - they also concluded the threads on the Spectre II were bad and then told me it was between me and Silencerco. Not happy with that response. I am calling Silencerco first thing Monday.

·
Premium Member
3,896 Posts
Agreed. SiCo's customer service is first rate. I am sure it is frustrating, but things happen. How they are dealt with is what is important.

FWIW My Spectre II has over 23k rounds through it. I have several .22lr suppressors and the Spectre II is my favorite.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just picked up my Silencerco Spectre II after an eleven month wait. The threads are manufactured wrong and it won't thread onto my barrel. I took it back to the dealer who played a game of chess with my gun, several other guns, and several other suppressors - they also concluded the threads on the Spectre II were bad and then told me it was between me and Silencerco. Not happy with that response. I am calling Silencerco first thing Monday.
Just to follow up: SilencerCo paid for return shipping. They have not contacted me at all since receiving it, but I got an emailed shipping notice that it was shipped today, arriving Tuesday. They had it a total of three business days.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I e-filed. 350 days from the submission of the form to my receipt of the stamp. Seems pretty arbitrary.
Agreed, I E-filed, used the Kiosk and paid by credit card. I believe mine was Form 4 Individual. But looking at the NFA tracker it looks like some people were getting approved in a few months. I was told some additional people were assigned to help with the approval process but instead of starting on the oldest forms they were working on the newest forms and people were/are getting approved quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Form 1 has a place to list mfg, model and serial number. I entered myself and created a model. The model number and the serial number are engraved in the tube.

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
My stamp has come in... Check cashed 5/16/19. Dealer emailed me 1/31/20 that it arrived (9 months). Picking it up tomorrow. I'll stop by the range on the way home if I have time.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.