Registered
120 Posts
Rebel SOS-22 V2, purchased June 17, 2019
Tax Stamp in hand, Sept. 14, 2019
96 days

Dead Air Odessa-9, purchased July 11, 2019
Tax Stamp signed, Oct. 8, 2019
89 days

Form 4 paperwork (forms, payment, photo, fingerprints, etc.) all done by SilencerShop kiosk...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
So does anyone have any information or opinions as to why the turn around time is so short in some cases? I got a can some years ago and it was 11 months. I'd love to have another for the .22 but like others, I don't want to take the chance of not being around when it is finally approved. Three months I can do but a year or more might be questionable.

·
Registered
120 Posts
mr lasttombstone: chatted w/my LGS dudette (yep, she's the license holder), and the consensus is that exam times have sped up at least for folks using a Silencershop kiosk (all forms, photo, and fingerprints are digitally done, then processed by Silencershop; info is good for one year, but then needs an updated photo)... out of the dozen folks using the LGS kiosk for orders since June, 100% have come back in 90 days or less...

the kiosk also makes the old 'run around and walk the paperwork through' drill a lot easier - everything is done while sitting on a stool and only takes about 20 minutes (more if you have trouble scanning all the prints, rolling the thumbs, index finger, pinkies, etc.)

i also believe that the paperwork backlog is being cleared... there is hope for govt efficiency (an oxymoron, eh?)

i'm gonna order another can... (i'm a small-caliber guy, so the cans aren't too expensive - i splurged on the Odessa-9 as a bday present to myself)

:)

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just spoke with my LGS. Said they are seeing turn around times around 3 months lately. They don't use SS kiosk. If only we could trust that to continue, I would abandon my Form 1 plans. Tough decision at the moment.

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
Rumor is a stack/box/whatever of forms was processed out of order. Plenty of us have been waiting much longer than that. Me, since last December. I have had three e-file form-1's approved in about a month each, but the paper form-4, not so much.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Just spoke with my LGS. Said they are seeing turn around times around 3 months lately. They don't use SS kiosk. If only we could trust that to continue, I would abandon my Form 1 plans. Tough decision at the moment.
I'm at about 10 months and counting, and I used the kiosk...3 mos. sounds like light speed. Take away one month for the gubmint shut-down, but still...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Ruger Silent SR

Individual Status
Paperwork Mailed 08/04/19
Card Charged 08/13/19
Paperwork returned due to FFL error 10/10/19
Stamp Approved 10/23/19
Form 4 at FFL 10/28/19

I've never had a 2.5 month turn around on a Form 4. Fastest ever has been 8-9 months. I was expecting it to be at least March. Can't say the trust route will be this quick.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts