Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody use a torque wrench to get the same torque every time on the action screw? If so what are the values you use? What about the barrel block? scope mount? Any I've left out?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know a torque wrench. The thing you use to see if the bolts, screws, or nuts are tightened down to the correct amount of pressure. I just wanted to know if anybody used one or knew of any values used by anybody else. Maybe even what type of wrench(analog, digital), make, model? I did a search and I found some interesting things on stock pressure and other pressure points these guns can have on them, especially people who use a supported(the little hump in the end of a fajen stock) barrel instead of free floating or complete bedding. Just a thought.

· Registered
3,642 Posts
Torque Values

nmkswk,
"Hand tight..." [Ruger Customer Service (three levels: rep, supervisor, and manager) ] :p
Action Screw [ take-down-screw (B-65) ]: 30 INCH pounds.

V-Block Screws [B-67]: 20 INCH pounds.

Scope Base Screws: 13-15 INCH pounds. (1)

Scope Ring Screws: 20 INCH pounds. (1)

(1) From Leupold Site, FAQ

"Park Tools" [bicycle tool maker] makes an excellent inch pound torque wrench, the TW-1.

Park Tools

You can also use the Dakotan's Socket Head [Allen] Action Screw and his T-Handled Allen wrench: you tighten until the hex shaft begins to twist....... ;)

· Registered
15 Posts
TORQUE VALUE

I START AT 20 INCH POUNDS AND GO UP 2 INCH POUNDS FIRING GROUPS OF 5 SHOTS AT EACH TILL I GET TO 30 INCH POUNDS. SOME BRANDS OF AMMO SHOOT BEST AT 20 AND SOME AT 24 OR 26. IN MY RIFLE 20 FOR LAPUA ULTRA L AND 26 FOR ELEY TENEX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.