Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Too god to be true, 511 for $199?

1037 Views 18 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  JBorhauer
Look here, is this worth $199.00, I think so.

Sparks
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
12,609 Posts
Hmmmm.....perhaps I misunderstood the question.

Here in East Texas, when someone says "Look here" they may not mean to look at something specifically. They may be just getting your attention....as if my wife should say..."Look here, I don't think you need to buy any more guns this month." :D

I would think that a price of $199 for that gun - if in very good condition would be a nice price, but I am not that familiar with the 511. Assuming it is on an auction site, it may have some time to run, and the bids could appear and run the price higher.

· Premium Member
12,609 Posts
Well, that's odd. I did a search on Gunbroker about an hour ago and found the gun - I think it had a buy now of $199 but my memory may be defective. Now its gone, I can't find it when I do a search. Guess someone bought it.

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
I looked at it this am and put it on my watch list. It was a great buy, but I have a NIB old stock 511 so I passed. The magazine alone is worth $70, and the only thing needed for a great shooter was one action screw. Somebody got a nice rifle for $229+transfer fees.

· Premium Member
6,845 Posts
That is a nice snag, Earl.

Denny had magazines about two years ago, and they were around $70, as I recall....or that may be what I sold my spares for :confused:? Anyway, it's worth a call. The very nice rear sight (probably removed and lost when mounting a scope) and the front sight hood could be a problem, but you just never know with Denny. He came up with two 511 extractors for me about the same time as the magazines. The stock screw should be easy, even if Denny can't come through for you. FWIW, if the seller knows what size screw will work, you'd think he'd make the effort to get one...go figure. Ace would have one that size, but it would not be a nice slotted head. Still better than nothing.

TBR

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well first of all I am sorry (kinda) to have out bid you on the Model 1, I looked on gunbroker and they are all going for $319 plus shipping. So when I saw this one I jumped on it, I was planing on refinishing the stock so the lack of finish did not bother me. I already have a 452FS and if I recall correctly the mags for the 452 will fit this one as well. I thought the 11:48 Pacfic end time was strange, I had to set my alarm for 1:30 AM to ensure that I won. I would have gone up to $225.

Sparks

· Registered
128 Posts
Nah I do not mind loosing out on it. I am like another poster said one of the people tight on money, I could have done it but then I could not afford more 22 ammo this month. Ill have to try to find a good deal next month then is all. Have fun with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.